Atom Hotels, the upcoming hotel REIT which is expecting an IPO before the end of the year, has secured over 600 investors who hold 89% of the vehicle. Bankinter Bank has a 7% stake whilst the remaining 4% is held by Global Myner Advisors Hotel Capital Invest (GMA HCI) who will also be the asset manager of the vehicle. Upon IPO the market capitalisation is expected to exceed half a billion euros and it has already bought 23 hotels spread across Spain, of both 4 and 5 stars. Some of the hotels are managed by Meliá International Hotels and Marriott International.
According to information shared by Atom Hotels, 36% of the assets are situated in central locations and the remaining 64% of the GLA is located in coastal areas such as the Balearic Islands and the Canaries. Currently, the assets under management include 5,232 rooms, 1,191 parking spaces and 33 retail units.
The new REIT will aim to offer an annual dividend close to 5% to all the shareholders of the SOCIMI (Spanish REIT) differing from other peers in that it has an exit strategy of divesting in 7 years, although it will maintain the option of extending its lifetime.